Sunday, December 4, 2011

Riddle Me This


Riddle Me This...

So last night after a long day of work SWHT pulls into the hotel parking lot and does that odd familiar shuffle of keys, phone, purse, etc...
Why do humans need so many accessories? Since it was rainy and cold SWHT carried me on her shoulder into the room.  In an effort to reduce all the stuff she insists on carrying she decided to leave it all in the car and come back for it later.  A lot of sense if SWHT had actually REMEMBERED her car keys.  How does SWHT do this for the THIRD time in two months?  How does she forget so easily?  Beagles are often accused of not being very smart which is entirely untrue.  When I bury a biscuit at my Grandhumans home I can be gone for months and remember exactly where it was.  I've shown SWHT many times how to dig a hole or find a hiding spot for things you'd like to keep.  She has seen me bury these items and return to them later.  Why haven't humans caught on to this?  Ahhh you funny random creatures.  A million years on earth and the self proclaimed title of being on the top of the food chain and you lock your silly selves out of your cars.  Me thinks the hype of having thumbs is just that, hype.

I spent most of the next hour under the bed while she hooted & clucked about the car. Eventually my beagle senses let me know that her stress level was lower and I inched out from under the bed to sit next to SWHT and remind her, with my sad hound dog eyes, that it was feeding time.
I ate, she ate, my dog toys were brought out, cuteness ensued, everybody wins.

SWHT is really powerless when I strike this pose.  Look at my sweet little paws.  One can beg and still be a lady ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment